Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (Leading to CSCS Green Card) - Course and Exam
This full course and exam package is designed for those working on construction sites and is a requirement for those wishing to apply for a CSCS Green Card.
- 100% online training, 120 minutes course plus online assessment
- Accredited Online Invigilated Exam by ETA Awards
- Stop & start at anytime
- No time limit
The course is aimed at people in the Construction Industry or want to get a job in the Construction Industry.
Each year in the UK, people are killed, injured and suffer work-related illnesses while carrying out their jobs. So Health & Safety is a significant concern.
The government, employers and workers all have an essential role to play in reducing deaths and accidents and preventing ill-health at work.
This RQF Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment online course and exam package provides you with a qualification in its own right, it will also form part of your CSCS green card application.
The course starts with an introduction to the legal aspects of health and safety before covering the basics of risk assessment and safe working practices. It then goes into detail to cover the most common hazards encountered in construction environments from Working at Height and Respiratory Hazards to electrical and chemical hazards.
This package, Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment - online training and Accredited Online Invigilated Exam is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry and can be used as part of their induction process, as preparation for the level 1 award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment or as part of CSCS green card application.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
Further Progression For more detailed information on key health and safety issues we offer a wide range of courses including Asbestos Awareness, Manual Handling, Electrical Safety, COSHH, Working at Height, Risk Assessment and many more.
Online Invigilated Exam
We provide you access to our online invigilated examination which can be taken anywhere.
Our market leading examination system delivers the final assessment direct to you via the internet, invigilated using screen sharing and web cam, allowing to receive your accreditation quicker and easier without the stress and hassle of visiting a training and exam centre.
As a UK Registered Learning Provider, our online exam is fully accredited by ETA Awards
Process from taking the course to get the certificate
- Candidate completes the Online Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course
- If a pass is achieved the candidate is issued with an informal certificate
- Candidate logs into the exam page and are asked to fill out an exam registration form and given a 2-week window in which they can sit the exam. The system will not allow you to choose a date earlier than 72 hours from when you received the informal certificate.
- After the 72 hours, instructions are emailed to candidate to set up the proctor online recording system. Depending on your email settings you may need to check your junk folder. If you still don’t receive it you can contact Dirextra directly to resend the email. (write to email@example.com)
- The system will display instructions to begin the exam. When you click the exam link you then need to use the same login ID and password that you used to access the course.
- The candidate then proceeds to answer the questions in the exam. During the exam, the candidate is required to ensure they have a stable internet connection if it drops out it will result in an automatic fail.
- Once the candidate has completed the exam they can then close the exam tab and recording tab.
- If a pass is achieved the record is uploaded to ETA awards on a Friday afternoon, ETA awards will then automatically email a certificate to you 7 to 10 working days later.
- The candidate can then apply for the Green Card.