Beginners Wine Class - Course (4 hours)
Learn the basics of wine and have a fun evening (with dinner) in Manchester City Center!
This beginners wine course is for anyone who wants to start learning about wine, either for passion, personal interest or for those looking for a career in wine or hospitality. No prior knowledge is required.
Fast-track your way into the wine knowledge with a well done training with our highly-experienced sommelier instructor.
You'll learn how to distinguish a shiraz from a nero d'avola and a pinot grigio from a grillo with this one day beginner level introduction to wine, held at our premise Sicilian NQ wine bar in Manchester Northern Quarter. Together we’ll use our senses to explore the main types and styles of wine in a cosy informal environment.
Sicilian NQ bar and bistro has been hosting our Manchester cocktails and wine masterclasses and courses for the last 4 years. It's a charming mediterranean style wine bar, relaxed and characterful venue nestled in Manchester’s trendy Northern Quarter, right in the heart of the city center. Northern Quarter is a trendy neighbourhood, with lively street art, bohemian bars and independent shops. It's home to lively restaurants and some of the city's biggest music venues, featuring concerts from trendy independent bands and famous artists.
14 Turner Street
M4 1DZ, Manchester
You’ll learn how to:
- The main types and styles of wine, grapes varieties and regions
- Common wine grapes in the world and their characteristics
- Evaluate quality: cheap and fine wines
- Assessing wine ageing
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to store and serve wine
- Spot wine faults and how to deal with them
- Best producers and new stars to look out for
- How to describe wine using the Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine