NEBOSH International Diploma in Health and Safety (500 hours online)
It's a Diploma equivalent to a bachelor's degree.Recommended for who is an essential first step or wanting a long and successful career in HSE etc who work globally, international.
Once NEBOSH Diploma qualified, students will be capable of performing the role of a highly skilled Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner (OHASP) or safety officer in any industry.
The NEBOSH International Diploma in HSE is based on best industry practices for managing and implementing safety management systems, internationally. It is made up of 4 units which must be successfully completed within 2 years to achieve the NEBOSH International Diploma in Health and Safety qualification.
Unit IA: International Management of Health and Safety - 154 Hours
- IA1 - Principles of Health and Safety Management
- IA2 - Regulating Health and Safety
- IA3 - Loss Causation and Incident Investigation
- IA4 - Measuring and Reviewing Health and Safety Performance
- IA5 - The Assessment and Evaluation of Risk
- IA6 - Risk Control
- IA7 - Organisational Factors
- IA8 - Human Factors
- IA9 - The Role of the Health and Safety Practitioner
Unit IB: International Control of Hazardous Agents in the Workplace - 115 Hours
- IB1 - Managing Occupational Health
- IB2 - Identification, Assessment and Evaluation of Hazardous Substances
- IB3 - The Control of Hazardous Substances
- IB4 - The Monitoring and Measuring of Hazardous Substances
- IB5 - Biological Agents
- IB6 - Noise and Vibration
- IB7 - Radiation
- IB8 - Mental Ill-Health and Dealing with Violence and Aggression at Work
- IB9 - Musculoskeletal Risks and Controls
- IB10 - Work Environment Risks and Controls
Unit IC: International Workplace and Work Equipment Safety - 120 Hours
- IC1 - Workplace Welfare Requirements and Specific Workplace Issues
- IC2 - Fire and Explosion
- IC3 - Workplace Fire Risk Assessment
- IC4 - The Storage, Handling and Processing of Dangerous Substances
- IC5 - Work Equipment
- IC6 - Workplace Machinery
- IC7 - Mobile, Lifting, Access and Work at Height Equipment
- IC8 - Electrical Safety
- IC9 - Construction and Works of a Temporary Nature - Hazards and Controls
- IC10 - Workplace Transport and Managing Work-Related Road Risk
Unit DNI: Application of Health and Safety Theory and Practice
- An 8,000 word work-based project
Units IA, IB and IC of the NEBOSH International Diploma are each assessed by three-hour written examinations. Unit DNI is assessed by an 8,000 word work based project.
Exams are held in person at the exam centre in Jan or July each year.
Examination fee: You do not have to pay for NEBOSH exams initially. Exam fees are payable when booking your chosen exam date(s). £.400 in total.
Awarding Body: National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Health and Safety is offered by Dirextra Business School in association with SHEilds Ltd, accredited NEBOSH Centre 548.
Equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree.
Students should be aware this is a Degree level qualification. This means the NEBOSH International Diploma is a demanding qualification to study. Students may find it difficult to gain a pass mark, if they do not have prior background knowledge as a health & safety practitioner or the ability to study at Degree level.
What level is the NEBOSH International Diploma?
NEBOSH International Diploma courses are a Level 6 qualification on the NQF, a Level 10 on the SCQF and equivalent to a Bachelors Degree.
To progress further, we suggest moving on to a Level 6 NVQ or NEBOSH Environmental Diploma course.
Level of English required
An adequate understanding of the English language is required. Students can both understand and articulate the key concepts contained within the course syllabus.