NEBOSH National General Certificate in Health and Safety (96 hours online)
Recommended for who is an essential first step or wanting a long and successful career in HSE in any industry who work or plan to work in the UK.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in HSE is highly respected by employers in the United Kingdom. The NEBOSH National General Certificate enables you to apply for many different health and safety jobs, such as Health & Safety Officer, Advisor, Superintendent, etc in any industry.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is based on UK law. It is made up of two units that must be successfully completed within one year to achieve the NEBOSH National General Certificate qualification:
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
- Unit NG1 is assessed at home open book exam. You will have 24 hour access to the platform and it should take them around 4 – 5 hours. This exam will have set dates defined by NEBOSH.
- Unit NG2 is assessed by a three hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace)
- Exam: Open Book Examination, no need to travel to a test centre
- Exam Dates: Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec
- NEBOSH Assessment: One online examination and 1 practical assignment with evidence uploaded online
- Project: Assignment with Tutor Guidance
- Project Dates: Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec
Examination fee:You do not have to pay for NEBOSH exams initially. Exam fees are payable when booking your chosen exam date(s). £.150 in total
Awarding Body: National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Health and Safety is offered by Dirextra Business School in association with SHEilds Ltd, accredited NEBOSH Centre 548.
Equivalent to A Level.
Students should be aware this is a certificate level 3 qualification. This means the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is a relatively demanding qualification to study, approximately equivalent to an A-level (or UK college level qualification).
What level is the NEBOSH National General Certificate?
NEBOSH Certificates are a Level 3 qualification on the NQF, a Level 6 on the SCQF.
To progress further, we suggest moving on to a Level 6 NVQ or NEBOSH National Diploma course.
Level of English required
An adequate understanding of the English language is required. Students can both understand and articulate the key concepts contained within the course syllabus.